Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
A quick glance at the list of remaining unrestricted free agents doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers. And it certainly doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers under the age of 30.
Mason Raymond falls into both those categories though. The 27-year-old scored 25 times for the Canucks in 2009-10. Since then, however, it’s been a tough time for the speedy-but-slight winger. A serious back injury suffered in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. Stretches of inconsistent play. Now, he’s looking for a new team.
Raymond’s agent, JP Barry, tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver there’s been plenty of interest from potential suitors, but it may take time before an acceptable offer is made.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63