Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
A quick glance at the list of remaining unrestricted free agents doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers. And it certainly doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers under the age of 30.
Mason Raymond falls into both those categories though. The 27-year-old scored 25 times for the Canucks in 2009-10. Since then, however, it’s been a tough time for the speedy-but-slight winger. A serious back injury suffered in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. Stretches of inconsistent play. Now, he’s looking for a new team.
Raymond’s agent, JP Barry, tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver there’s been plenty of interest from potential suitors, but it may take time before an acceptable offer is made.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)