Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
A quick glance at the list of remaining unrestricted free agents doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers. And it certainly doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers under the age of 30.
Mason Raymond falls into both those categories though. The 27-year-old scored 25 times for the Canucks in 2009-10. Since then, however, it’s been a tough time for the speedy-but-slight winger. A serious back injury suffered in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. Stretches of inconsistent play. Now, he’s looking for a new team.
Raymond’s agent, JP Barry, tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver there’s been plenty of interest from potential suitors, but it may take time before an acceptable offer is made.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 4
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)