Jul 22, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
A quick glance at the list of remaining unrestricted free agents doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers. And it certainly doesn’t show many former 25-goal scorers under the age of 30.
Mason Raymond falls into both those categories though. The 27-year-old scored 25 times for the Canucks in 2009-10. Since then, however, it’s been a tough time for the speedy-but-slight winger. A serious back injury suffered in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final. Stretches of inconsistent play. Now, he’s looking for a new team.
Raymond’s agent, JP Barry, tells News 1130 Sports in Vancouver there’s been plenty of interest from potential suitors, but it may take time before an acceptable offer is made.
In 2013, Raymond had 10 goals in 46 games.
“I think I’ll have some good discussions about Mason,” Barry told The Province recently. “He’s got a lot of speed and he had a good season. Also, the UFA market is not a deep one this year.”
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)