Jul 22, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers and 23-year-old forward Sam Gagner waited until the last minute to avoid arbitration. The two sides had a hearing scheduled for this morning, but the Oilers announced that they have agreed to a three-year contract.
Gagner has never recorded more than 49 points in a single season, but he did well during the shortened campaign with 14 goals and 38 points in 48 contests. He also showed a flash of brilliance on Feb. 2, 2012 when he scored four goals and eight points in a single game. That was part of a five-game hot streak where Gagner netted eight goals and registered seven assists.
And a NMC in the 5M years. RT @Bob_Stauffer Gagner gets 4.4M/5M/5M over next 3 years
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) July 22, 2013
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6