Jul 22, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers and 23-year-old forward Sam Gagner waited until the last minute to avoid arbitration. The two sides had a hearing scheduled for this morning, but the Oilers announced that they have agreed to a three-year contract.
Gagner has never recorded more than 49 points in a single season, but he did well during the shortened campaign with 14 goals and 38 points in 48 contests. He also showed a flash of brilliance on Feb. 2, 2012 when he scored four goals and eight points in a single game. That was part of a five-game hot streak where Gagner netted eight goals and registered seven assists.
And a NMC in the 5M years. RT @Bob_Stauffer Gagner gets 4.4M/5M/5M over next 3 years
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) July 22, 2013
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7