Jul 22, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers and 23-year-old forward Sam Gagner waited until the last minute to avoid arbitration. The two sides had a hearing scheduled for this morning, but the Oilers announced that they have agreed to a three-year contract.
Gagner has never recorded more than 49 points in a single season, but he did well during the shortened campaign with 14 goals and 38 points in 48 contests. He also showed a flash of brilliance on Feb. 2, 2012 when he scored four goals and eight points in a single game. That was part of a five-game hot streak where Gagner netted eight goals and registered seven assists.
And a NMC in the 5M years. RT @Bob_Stauffer Gagner gets 4.4M/5M/5M over next 3 years
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) July 22, 2013
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22