Jul 22, 2013, 9:48 AM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers and 23-year-old forward Sam Gagner waited until the last minute to avoid arbitration. The two sides had a hearing scheduled for this morning, but the Oilers announced that they have agreed to a three-year contract.
Gagner has never recorded more than 49 points in a single season, but he did well during the shortened campaign with 14 goals and 38 points in 48 contests. He also showed a flash of brilliance on Feb. 2, 2012 when he scored four goals and eight points in a single game. That was part of a five-game hot streak where Gagner netted eight goals and registered seven assists.
And a NMC in the 5M years. RT @Bob_Stauffer Gagner gets 4.4M/5M/5M over next 3 years
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) July 22, 2013
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8