Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year, $9.45 million deal.
A restricted free agent, Gunnarsson had filed for arbitration, but obviously a hearing won’t be required now. The 26-year-old played 37 games in 2013, scoring once and adding 14 assists while averaging 21:17 of ice time per game.
Gunnarsson figures to be a top-four defenseman again next season in Toronto, making his cap hit of $3.15 million seem quite reasonable.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46