Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year, $9.45 million deal.
A restricted free agent, Gunnarsson had filed for arbitration, but obviously a hearing won’t be required now. The 26-year-old played 37 games in 2013, scoring once and adding 14 assists while averaging 21:17 of ice time per game.
Gunnarsson figures to be a top-four defenseman again next season in Toronto, making his cap hit of $3.15 million seem quite reasonable.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20