Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year, $9.45 million deal.
A restricted free agent, Gunnarsson had filed for arbitration, but obviously a hearing won’t be required now. The 26-year-old played 37 games in 2013, scoring once and adding 14 assists while averaging 21:17 of ice time per game.
Gunnarsson figures to be a top-four defenseman again next season in Toronto, making his cap hit of $3.15 million seem quite reasonable.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12