Jul 22, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-signed defenseman Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year, $9.45 million deal.
A restricted free agent, Gunnarsson had filed for arbitration, but obviously a hearing won’t be required now. The 26-year-old played 37 games in 2013, scoring once and adding 14 assists while averaging 21:17 of ice time per game.
Gunnarsson figures to be a top-four defenseman again next season in Toronto, making his cap hit of $3.15 million seem quite reasonable.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)