Jul 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
JagrWatch 2013 rolls on and the smoke surrounding the possibility of him signing with the New Jersey Devils grows ever stronger.
Czech broadcaster Roman Jedlicka tweeted saying it was “99 percent Jagr is gonna sign” with the Devils.
This follows on the heels of news reports of the 41 year-old future Hall of Famer being in New Jersey to “inspect” the Prudential Center and to see what’s going on there.
Of course, the Devils aren’t commenting on the situation and everything else coming out of the Czech Republic regarding Jagr is speculative, at best. The Devils make a lot of sense for Jagr as they need help now that Ilya Kovalchuk has fled to the KHL and they lost David Clarkson to free agency.
At this point the situation feels like episode of “Seinfeld” with Jerry negotiating to get Puddy and Elaine back together. “What’s it going to take to get you two in a relationship?”
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)