Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM EST
On the Forecheck shared its annual super schedule on Saturday, chronicling all 30 teams’ approximate mileage and back-to-back sets for the 2013-14 season. This post covers the team with the most miles (San Jose Sharks) and other factors, but tonight seems like a good night to ask: who has it the easiest and who has it the toughest?
It’s important to note that some might weigh sheer mileage more than back-to-backs (and the other way around), so check the super schedule to get a full view of the 30 teams. Of course, for many, quality of division and even conference might factor in, too.
Even so, here are five teams with fairly low travel totals and back-to-backs:
New York Rangers – 29,839 miles, 13 back-to-back
Buffalo Sabres – 34,812 miles, 13 BtB
Ottawa Senators – 34,850 miles, 16 BtB
Philadelphia Flyers – 34,929 miles, 14 BtB
Detroit Red Wings – 35,324 miles, 15 BtB
(The St. Louis Blues might face the easiest haul of the West teams, with 39,328 miles and 13 BtB.)
The same factors could be considered for the roughest rides. Here are five of note:
San Jose Sharks – 57,612 miles, just 10 BtB
Phoenix Coyotes – 52,633 miles, 12 BtB
Vancouver Canucks – 48,510 miles, 17 BtB
Anaheim Ducks – 48,568 miles, 14 BtB
Los Angeles Kings – 48,432 miles, 14 BtB
(The Boston Bruins might have the toughest East mix with 42,389 miles and 17 BtB.)
Nov 26, 2014, 2:00 AM EST
Colorado has now won four of five.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Jackets and Oilers talking trade.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
The Avs’ defenseman left the game and did not return.
Nov 25, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Oilers’ forward has had his share of knee injuries.
Nov 25, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Spent time in Vancouver as a player and a coach.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
Will not return due to a lower body injury.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:18 PM EST
Extends point streak to five games.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:11 PM EST
Remains in the game.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
After 18 seasons, he’s done.
Nov 25, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
The 19-year-old rookie will be sticking in the NHL this season.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Chris Thorburn dropped the gloves with the Jackets tough guy.
Nov 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
He’s been a healthy scratch in three straight games.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
Sharks forward has undergone months of rehab on his surgically-repaired knee.
Nov 25, 2014, 5:04 PM EST
“Let’s get real. Finding top-four defensemen, they’re not available,” says GM Dean Lombardi.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
And rightly so.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Alex Mallet for Andrey Pedan, specifically.
Nov 25, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Bojangles. That’s a funny name.
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 25, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“I would rather fight than turtle or anything like that.”
Nov 25, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
This is… surprising.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)