Jul 21, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
On the Forecheck shared its annual super schedule on Saturday, chronicling all 30 teams’ approximate mileage and back-to-back sets for the 2013-14 season. This post covers the team with the most miles (San Jose Sharks) and other factors, but tonight seems like a good night to ask: who has it the easiest and who has it the toughest?
It’s important to note that some might weigh sheer mileage more than back-to-backs (and the other way around), so check the super schedule to get a full view of the 30 teams. Of course, for many, quality of division and even conference might factor in, too.
Even so, here are five teams with fairly low travel totals and back-to-backs:
New York Rangers – 29,839 miles, 13 back-to-back
Buffalo Sabres – 34,812 miles, 13 BtB
Ottawa Senators – 34,850 miles, 16 BtB
Philadelphia Flyers – 34,929 miles, 14 BtB
Detroit Red Wings – 35,324 miles, 15 BtB
(The St. Louis Blues might face the easiest haul of the West teams, with 39,328 miles and 13 BtB.)
The same factors could be considered for the roughest rides. Here are five of note:
San Jose Sharks – 57,612 miles, just 10 BtB
Phoenix Coyotes – 52,633 miles, 12 BtB
Vancouver Canucks – 48,510 miles, 17 BtB
Anaheim Ducks – 48,568 miles, 14 BtB
Los Angeles Kings – 48,432 miles, 14 BtB
(The Boston Bruins might have the toughest East mix with 42,389 miles and 17 BtB.)
Jul 28, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
The two sides are unlikely to agree to terms quickly though.
Jul 28, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Yashin and Bure are among the players that will compete against Los Angeles.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“I was told there’s a definite opportunity.”
Jul 28, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Former Anaheim forward posted a career high in points last year.
Jul 28, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
With Riley Sheahan also signed, the only RFA left is Danny DeKeyser.
Jul 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
He’s appeared in over 150 NHL games with Chicago, Dallas and Minnesota.
Jul 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Veteran goalie is high on his young teammates.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
“It’ll be done before camp.”
Jul 28, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Appeared in 83 games for Calgary over the last three seasons.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They’ll be dancing close to the upper limit all year.
Jul 28, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start your day.
Jul 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
He last played in 2001 with the Edmonton Oilers.
Jul 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
He’s played four full seasons there already.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
He has a few guys that can help make it happen there.
Jul 27, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
He was their final restricted free agent.
Jul 27, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
He emerged as the team’s No. 2 center last season.
Jul 27, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
That adds another layer to the Flames’ goaltending competition.
Jul 27, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
He has played in 132 NHL games.
Jul 27, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
It led to him having a minor procedure.
Jul 27, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
He’ll enter training camp with a shot of making the team.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 3
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 10
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)