Jul 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
You can scratch another potential arbitration case off the docket.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports Nashville has re-signed forward Nick Spaling to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. The two sides were set to head to arbitration on Thursday, but get to avoid that potential unpleasantness now.
Last season, Spaling had nine goals and four assists in the lockout shortened season. His goal total was one shy of his career-high set the season previous.
As a third line type of player, he’s turned into a valuable performer for the Predators. If that offensive production can continue to improve, he can count on seeing another raise next summer.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)