Jul 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
You can scratch another potential arbitration case off the docket.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports Nashville has re-signed forward Nick Spaling to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. The two sides were set to head to arbitration on Thursday, but get to avoid that potential unpleasantness now.
Last season, Spaling had nine goals and four assists in the lockout shortened season. His goal total was one shy of his career-high set the season previous.
As a third line type of player, he’s turned into a valuable performer for the Predators. If that offensive production can continue to improve, he can count on seeing another raise next summer.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 0
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)