Jul 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EST
You can scratch another potential arbitration case off the docket.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports Nashville has re-signed forward Nick Spaling to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. The two sides were set to head to arbitration on Thursday, but get to avoid that potential unpleasantness now.
Last season, Spaling had nine goals and four assists in the lockout shortened season. His goal total was one shy of his career-high set the season previous.
As a third line type of player, he’s turned into a valuable performer for the Predators. If that offensive production can continue to improve, he can count on seeing another raise next summer.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4