Jul 21, 2013, 1:45 PM EDT
You can scratch another potential arbitration case off the docket.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports Nashville has re-signed forward Nick Spaling to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. The two sides were set to head to arbitration on Thursday, but get to avoid that potential unpleasantness now.
Last season, Spaling had nine goals and four assists in the lockout shortened season. His goal total was one shy of his career-high set the season previous.
As a third line type of player, he’s turned into a valuable performer for the Predators. If that offensive production can continue to improve, he can count on seeing another raise next summer.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36