Jul 21, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Former Binghamton Senators head coach Kurt Kleinendorst is back in the AHL.
After spending last season coach the University of Alabama-Huntsville in the NCAA, Kleinendorst has signed on to be the head coach of the Iowa Wild. Michael Russo of The Star Tribune says the move will be announced on Monday.
Kleinendorst has had a wild ride of late in coaching. He spent two seasons coaching the Ottawa farm team from 2010 through 2012 and led them to a Calder Cup championship in his first season. After that second season, however, he wasn’t brought back as the team hired Luke Richardson instead leading to him coaching UAH last season.
Kleinendorst replaces John Torchetti as the head man as he’s taken a head coaching job in the KHL.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40