Jul 21, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Former Binghamton Senators head coach Kurt Kleinendorst is back in the AHL.
After spending last season coach the University of Alabama-Huntsville in the NCAA, Kleinendorst has signed on to be the head coach of the Iowa Wild. Michael Russo of The Star Tribune says the move will be announced on Monday.
Kleinendorst has had a wild ride of late in coaching. He spent two seasons coaching the Ottawa farm team from 2010 through 2012 and led them to a Calder Cup championship in his first season. After that second season, however, he wasn’t brought back as the team hired Luke Richardson instead leading to him coaching UAH last season.
Kleinendorst replaces John Torchetti as the head man as he’s taken a head coaching job in the KHL.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)