Jul 21, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Former Binghamton Senators head coach Kurt Kleinendorst is back in the AHL.
After spending last season coach the University of Alabama-Huntsville in the NCAA, Kleinendorst has signed on to be the head coach of the Iowa Wild. Michael Russo of The Star Tribune says the move will be announced on Monday.
Kleinendorst has had a wild ride of late in coaching. He spent two seasons coaching the Ottawa farm team from 2010 through 2012 and led them to a Calder Cup championship in his first season. After that second season, however, he wasn’t brought back as the team hired Luke Richardson instead leading to him coaching UAH last season.
Kleinendorst replaces John Torchetti as the head man as he’s taken a head coaching job in the KHL.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7