Jul 21, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
“I just talked some with Ryan today, and he’s going to be great on the wing,” Duchene said. “I think he’s played some there before, and I think he can be really strong there.”
Dater believes that it O’Reilly will be a good fit as well.
I tend to think O’Reilly will be a good winger too. He’s bigger than Duchene, so he’ll be stronger in the corners. He’s great at keeping pucks deep in the zone with his body and positioning, and he goes to the net hard. So I think he’ll find maybe more rebound junk goals as a winger than a center, where your defensive responsibilities are greater than a winger and you have to skate more.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24