Jul 21, 2013, 7:56 PM EDT
Earlier this month, Justin Bieber caused a stir when he posed with the Stanley Cup in the Chicago Blackhawks locker room. Surprisingly, it wasn’t because he was wearing this:
Instead, the Blackhawks were upset that the pop star stood on the Blackhawks logo, as you can see from Andrew Shaw‘s reaction:
— Andrew Shaw (@shawz15er) July 10, 2013
That set the table for Saturday, as ESPN Boston reports that the Bruins went as far as to rope off the spoked-B logo in their locker room in fear that Bieber might tarnish their sacred logo while preparing for a concert.
TSN Radio 1050 shares a photo of the “No Bieber zone.”
Hey, the Bruins didn’t win their series against the Blackhawks, but at least they won the protecting their logo battle, right?
In related news, CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker reveals that Bieber doesn’t have to worry about that Blackhawks logo incident tarnishing his name among his fanatics:
That’s a relief.
Update: It’s an old picture. (Probably the rope is there to keep the media off the logo, as the Bruins’ dressing room is one of the smallest in the NHL.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5