Jul 20, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Saturday is Jonathan Toews‘ (second) day with the Stanley Cup, so he decided to bring it to hometown Winnipeg once more.
It’s likely that his personal highlights came from sharing the moment with family, friends and the community, yet this photo of the 25-year-old star waterskiing (via keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard) provides the most entertainment for the rest of us:
Perhaps that whole “Toews is boring” thing is a little overblown?
Want more from his day with the greatest trophy in sports? Watch the video below.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)