Jul 20, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
Saturday is Jonathan Toews‘ (second) day with the Stanley Cup, so he decided to bring it to hometown Winnipeg once more.
It’s likely that his personal highlights came from sharing the moment with family, friends and the community, yet this photo of the 25-year-old star waterskiing (via keeper of the Cup Philip Pritchard) provides the most entertainment for the rest of us:
Perhaps that whole “Toews is boring” thing is a little overblown?
Want more from his day with the greatest trophy in sports? Watch the video below.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)