Jul 20, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
Winnipeg took care of yet another of their restricted free agents today.
Redmond played in just eight games last season due much in part to a freak skate blade accident that threatened his career. After missing over two months of action, he returned to the ice and received a standing ovation from the fans in Winnipeg.
In those eight games, he had a goal and three assists with 12 penalty minutes. On the upside, he averaged just over 19 minutes a game on the blue line. He’ll be in the mix to compete for the fifth or sixth defense spot with the Jets next season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)