Jul 20, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
Winnipeg took care of yet another of their restricted free agents today.
Redmond played in just eight games last season due much in part to a freak skate blade accident that threatened his career. After missing over two months of action, he returned to the ice and received a standing ovation from the fans in Winnipeg.
In those eight games, he had a goal and three assists with 12 penalty minutes. On the upside, he averaged just over 19 minutes a game on the blue line. He’ll be in the mix to compete for the fifth or sixth defense spot with the Jets next season.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)