Jul 20, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
Bouma, 23, would make $577,500 at the NHL level and $100K in the AHL while Byron, 24, gets $643,500 in the NHL and $125K in the AHL.
Each forward has a decent amount of NHL experience.
Bouma has played 43 games between 2010-11 (16 GP) and 2011-12 (27 GP), all with the Flames. He scored four points in those 43 contests.
Byron has 34 games on his NHL resume, with 26 coming for Calgary, including his one-assist, four-game stint in 2013.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)