Jul 20, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
“We have lots of time before we play a game, but obviously we’d like to get ‘Boeds’ done,” Assistant GM Brad Treliving said. “We’ve looked at different terms. We’ll keep banging away.”
The 23-year-old winger’s agent Jarrett Bousquet explains the rationale behind opting against salary arbitration.
“I just think arbitration wasn’t a process that we felt was healthy for both sides, and that’s why we didn’t file and they didn’t file on us,” Bousquet said. “I think we just continue to negotiate in good faith and try to bridge the gap.”
Treliving called Boedker the team’s “MVP” in the first half of 2013, but he had an up-and-down campaign. After scoring 15 points in the first 20 games of the season, Boedker’s play declined. Things really ended on a whimper as he only had two points – both assists – in the last 10 games of 2013.
Even so, Boedker scored the second-most points of his young career last season despite an abbreviated campaign.
That makes for a tricky valuation process, even if feelings will be spared from an arbitration hearing.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 24
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 52
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)