Jul 20, 2013, 9:54 PM EDT
“We have lots of time before we play a game, but obviously we’d like to get ‘Boeds’ done,” Assistant GM Brad Treliving said. “We’ve looked at different terms. We’ll keep banging away.”
The 23-year-old winger’s agent Jarrett Bousquet explains the rationale behind opting against salary arbitration.
“I just think arbitration wasn’t a process that we felt was healthy for both sides, and that’s why we didn’t file and they didn’t file on us,” Bousquet said. “I think we just continue to negotiate in good faith and try to bridge the gap.”
Treliving called Boedker the team’s “MVP” in the first half of 2013, but he had an up-and-down campaign. After scoring 15 points in the first 20 games of the season, Boedker’s play declined. Things really ended on a whimper as he only had two points – both assists – in the last 10 games of 2013.
Even so, Boedker scored the second-most points of his young career last season despite an abbreviated campaign.
That makes for a tricky valuation process, even if feelings will be spared from an arbitration hearing.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 26
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)