Jul 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
During this summer, the foundation seemed a little shaky thanks to their two knee injuries.
Luckily, the latest update brings good news. While there isn’t a specific window of recovery for either highly paid player, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports that both believe they are “ahead of schedule.”
Ward, 29, hurt his knee during the 2013 season, as the Canes never seemed to have much luck in net last season. The Hurricanes made an interesting move by adding former Boston Bruins backup Anton Khudobin as insurance (or at least a stronger No. 2).
Knee injuries can be tricky, but perhaps both key cogs might be ready for training camp or at least the start of the season. If nothing else, things look positive so far.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)