Jul 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
During this summer, the foundation seemed a little shaky thanks to their two knee injuries.
Luckily, the latest update brings good news. While there isn’t a specific window of recovery for either highly paid player, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports that both believe they are “ahead of schedule.”
Ward, 29, hurt his knee during the 2013 season, as the Canes never seemed to have much luck in net last season. The Hurricanes made an interesting move by adding former Boston Bruins backup Anton Khudobin as insurance (or at least a stronger No. 2).
Knee injuries can be tricky, but perhaps both key cogs might be ready for training camp or at least the start of the season. If nothing else, things look positive so far.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25