Jul 20, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
During this summer, the foundation seemed a little shaky thanks to their two knee injuries.
Luckily, the latest update brings good news. While there isn’t a specific window of recovery for either highly paid player, the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander reports that both believe they are “ahead of schedule.”
Ward, 29, hurt his knee during the 2013 season, as the Canes never seemed to have much luck in net last season. The Hurricanes made an interesting move by adding former Boston Bruins backup Anton Khudobin as insurance (or at least a stronger No. 2).
Knee injuries can be tricky, but perhaps both key cogs might be ready for training camp or at least the start of the season. If nothing else, things look positive so far.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)