Jul 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Brendan Mikkelson has signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the club announced on Friday.
The 26-year-old Mikkelson was on the unrestricted free agent market, according to Capgeek.com.
As per the Penguins, Mikkelson signed a one-year, two-way contract, worth $550,000 at the National Hockey League level.
This past season, Mikkelson played four games for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but spent most of his time following the conclusion of the lockout in the American Hockey League with the Syracuse Crunch.
Mikkelson was part of that Crunch team that made it to the 2013 Calder Cup final.
In his four appearances with Tampa Bay in 2013, Mikkelson had one assist.
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 0
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)