Jul 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
Brendan Mikkelson has signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the club announced on Friday.
The 26-year-old Mikkelson was on the unrestricted free agent market, according to Capgeek.com.
As per the Penguins, Mikkelson signed a one-year, two-way contract, worth $550,000 at the National Hockey League level.
This past season, Mikkelson played four games for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but spent most of his time following the conclusion of the lockout in the American Hockey League with the Syracuse Crunch.
Mikkelson was part of that Crunch team that made it to the 2013 Calder Cup final.
In his four appearances with Tampa Bay in 2013, Mikkelson had one assist.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24