Jul 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EST
Brendan Mikkelson has signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the club announced on Friday.
The 26-year-old Mikkelson was on the unrestricted free agent market, according to Capgeek.com.
As per the Penguins, Mikkelson signed a one-year, two-way contract, worth $550,000 at the National Hockey League level.
This past season, Mikkelson played four games for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but spent most of his time following the conclusion of the lockout in the American Hockey League with the Syracuse Crunch.
Mikkelson was part of that Crunch team that made it to the 2013 Calder Cup final.
In his four appearances with Tampa Bay in 2013, Mikkelson had one assist.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)