Jul 19, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Brendan Mikkelson has signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins, the club announced on Friday.
The 26-year-old Mikkelson was on the unrestricted free agent market, according to Capgeek.com.
As per the Penguins, Mikkelson signed a one-year, two-way contract, worth $550,000 at the National Hockey League level.
This past season, Mikkelson played four games for the Tampa Bay Lightning, but spent most of his time following the conclusion of the lockout in the American Hockey League with the Syracuse Crunch.
Mikkelson was part of that Crunch team that made it to the 2013 Calder Cup final.
In his four appearances with Tampa Bay in 2013, Mikkelson had one assist.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)