Jul 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Another year with the Edmonton Oilers organization? Well, it’s just what defenseman Taylor Fedun was looking forward to. He said so on Twitter.
Fedun, a Princeton University graduate, has re-signed with the Oilers organization, after spending last season with Edmonton’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons.
The team announced it was a one-year deal.
He had a nice start to his professional career, scoring eight goals and recording 27 points in 70 regular season games with the Barons this past season.
“It definitely took some time to get adjusted to the game and the lifestyle,” Fedun told Bob Stauffer on 630 CHED radio.
“But I think as the year wore on, I think I got better and better.”
Fedun missed the entire 2011-12 season, recovering from a broken leg he suffered during an NHL exhibition game with the Oilers.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)