Jul 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Another year with the Edmonton Oilers organization? Well, it’s just what defenseman Taylor Fedun was looking forward to. He said so on Twitter.
Fedun, a Princeton University graduate, has re-signed with the Oilers organization, after spending last season with Edmonton’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons.
The team announced it was a one-year deal.
He had a nice start to his professional career, scoring eight goals and recording 27 points in 70 regular season games with the Barons this past season.
“It definitely took some time to get adjusted to the game and the lifestyle,” Fedun told Bob Stauffer on 630 CHED radio.
“But I think as the year wore on, I think I got better and better.”
Fedun missed the entire 2011-12 season, recovering from a broken leg he suffered during an NHL exhibition game with the Oilers.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)