Jul 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Another year with the Edmonton Oilers organization? Well, it’s just what defenseman Taylor Fedun was looking forward to. He said so on Twitter.
Fedun, a Princeton University graduate, has re-signed with the Oilers organization, after spending last season with Edmonton’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons.
The team announced it was a one-year deal.
He had a nice start to his professional career, scoring eight goals and recording 27 points in 70 regular season games with the Barons this past season.
“It definitely took some time to get adjusted to the game and the lifestyle,” Fedun told Bob Stauffer on 630 CHED radio.
“But I think as the year wore on, I think I got better and better.”
Fedun missed the entire 2011-12 season, recovering from a broken leg he suffered during an NHL exhibition game with the Oilers.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63