Jul 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Another year with the Edmonton Oilers organization? Well, it’s just what defenseman Taylor Fedun was looking forward to. He said so on Twitter.
Fedun, a Princeton University graduate, has re-signed with the Oilers organization, after spending last season with Edmonton’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons.
The team announced it was a one-year deal.
He had a nice start to his professional career, scoring eight goals and recording 27 points in 70 regular season games with the Barons this past season.
“It definitely took some time to get adjusted to the game and the lifestyle,” Fedun told Bob Stauffer on 630 CHED radio.
“But I think as the year wore on, I think I got better and better.”
Fedun missed the entire 2011-12 season, recovering from a broken leg he suffered during an NHL exhibition game with the Oilers.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20