Jul 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Another year with the Edmonton Oilers organization? Well, it’s just what defenseman Taylor Fedun was looking forward to. He said so on Twitter.
Fedun, a Princeton University graduate, has re-signed with the Oilers organization, after spending last season with Edmonton’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Oklahoma City Barons.
The team announced it was a one-year deal.
He had a nice start to his professional career, scoring eight goals and recording 27 points in 70 regular season games with the Barons this past season.
“It definitely took some time to get adjusted to the game and the lifestyle,” Fedun told Bob Stauffer on 630 CHED radio.
“But I think as the year wore on, I think I got better and better.”
Fedun missed the entire 2011-12 season, recovering from a broken leg he suffered during an NHL exhibition game with the Oilers.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)