Jul 19, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings and Jordan Nolan won’t be going to arbitration after all.
On Friday, the club announced it had re-upped with Nolan on a two-year, $1.4 million deal, one that carries an average annual cap hit of $700,000.
The deal represents a slight pay bump for the 24-year-old, who was making $531,666 on his last deal and had a salary arbitration hearing scheduled for Aug. 1.
Nolan, who broke onto the scene in L.A. during the 2011-12 season, appeared in a career-high 44 games last season while notching six points, averaging 8:28 TOI per game.
He was in and out of the Kings’ lineup during the postseason, playing in seven of 18 games (three vs. St. Louis, three vs. San Jose and one vs. Chicago.)
Nolan is one of Los Angeles’ most active tough guys — he fought a team-high six times in ’13 — and his re-signing, along with the midweek acquisition of Dan Carcillo, could prove interesting for Kyle Clifford.
Clifford, another rugged forward, is currently a RFA but doesn’t have arbitration rights.
The Kings are fairly tight up against the cap and may considering moving him, considering Clifford will probably be looking for a raise on the $870,000 he made last season.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)