Jul 19, 2013, 12:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings and Jordan Nolan won’t be going to arbitration after all.
On Friday, the club announced it had re-upped with Nolan on a two-year, $1.4 million deal, one that carries an average annual cap hit of $700,000.
The deal represents a slight pay bump for the 24-year-old, who was making $531,666 on his last deal and had a salary arbitration hearing scheduled for Aug. 1.
Nolan, who broke onto the scene in L.A. during the 2011-12 season, appeared in a career-high 44 games last season while notching six points, averaging 8:28 TOI per game.
He was in and out of the Kings’ lineup during the postseason, playing in seven of 18 games (three vs. St. Louis, three vs. San Jose and one vs. Chicago.)
Nolan is one of Los Angeles’ most active tough guys — he fought a team-high six times in ’13 — and his re-signing, along with the midweek acquisition of Dan Carcillo, could prove interesting for Kyle Clifford.
Clifford, another rugged forward, is currently a RFA but doesn’t have arbitration rights.
The Kings are fairly tight up against the cap and may considering moving him, considering Clifford will probably be looking for a raise on the $870,000 he made last season.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)