Jul 19, 2013, 10:36 AM EDT
According to Czech news outlet iSport.cz, free agent forward Jaromir Jagr was reportedly in New Jersey this week to “personally inspect” the Prudential Center, the Newark-based arena the Devils call home.
Here’s a Google translation of the iSport article:
It seems that the denouement near future Jaromir Jagr may have, as we reported yesterday iSport.cz server, the name of the New Jersey Devils. It is to this club aimed clues and resources daily Sport.
According to one of them yesterday Czech veteran was actually personally inspect Prudential Center, the home club hall in which it operates and other Czech icon – Patrik Elias. The agreement could occur in the next few hours or days.
Jaromir Jagr, New Jersey Devils. Perhaps over time this connection will actually be a reality. The fact that he was yesterday inspect star striker hall in which the club plays on Twitter speculated yesterday.
Someone striker spotted as in the bowels passes accompanied by Lou Lamoriello, general manager.
The move to New Jersey would make sense on a number of fronts.
One, the club could use a skill winger with some star power after Ilya Kovalchuk’s shock retirement.
Two, New Jersey has nearly $10 million in available cap space, more than enough to make Jagr a healthy offer (the 41-year-old made $3.3 million deal in Philly in 2011-12 and $4.5 million last year in Dallas and Boston.)
Three, there’s a certain comfort level for Jagr in Jersey.
New Jersey also signed Jagr’s former Stars teammate, Michael Ryder, earlier this summer.
UPDATE: According to Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy, Jagr’s agent, Petr Svoboda, would neither confirm nor deny that Jagr was in New Jersey or at the Prudential Center.
Svoboda did say there was “a possibility [Jagr] was there” on Thursday.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)