Jul 19, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks added depth on their blue line and up front with a trio of signings that were announced Friday evening.
The Blackhawks agreed to terms on a two-year deal with forward Drew LeBlanc, who made his National Hockey League debut late in the 2013 season, and one-year deals with defensemen Theo Peckham and Michael Kostka.
LeBlanc concluded a five-year career with St. Cloud State, before joining the Blackhawks towards the end of the lockout-shortened season. He played his first NHL game with the Blackhawks on April 24. In two games with Chicago, he was a minus-three.
The Blackhawks also added two players with NHL experience to their organization, in Peckham and Kostka.
Peckham comes to Chicago with 160 games of NHL experience from his time with the Edmonton Oilers, from 2007 to 2013.
Kostka was previously in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization. He played in 35 games with the Maple Leafs this past season, but finished with a point-per-game clip in the American Hockey League with the Toronto Marlies.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)