Jul 18, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Bought out by the Maple Leafs earlier this month, Mikhail Grabovski has yet to land a new contract with an NHL team.
And make no mistake — the NHL is where the 29-year-old from Belarus wants to be.
Grabovski, a center, had four years remaining on his five-year contract with Toronto (cap hit $5.5 million). The buyout will cost the Leafs $14.3 million over eight years.
While Grabovski suffered through a frustrating 2013 season offensively and didn’t exactly leave Toronto on the best terms, his services could certainly be used somewhere. In 2010-11, he had a career-high 29 goals. In 2011-12, he scored 23 times.
Just to throw one team out there: how about Winnipeg? The Jets are looking a bit thin down the middle after Alexander Burmistrov bolted for the KHL.
Feb 27, 2015, 9:19 PM EST
Should be interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:31 PM EST
Another day, another trade.
Feb 27, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Pascal Dupuis recently opened up about his condition.
Feb 27, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
The Habs host the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:37 PM EST
That’s according to multiple reports.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
Trade deadline is Monday, by the way.
Feb 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was aiming to play Saturday versus the Rangers.
Feb 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EST
GM Doug Wilson has some decisions to make…
Feb 27, 2015, 3:17 PM EST
So says NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.
Feb 27, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
Some recommended reading to pass along.
Feb 27, 2015, 2:20 PM EST
Incident occurred during last night’s San Jose-Detroit game.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:53 PM EST
Were dominated by the Red Wings for the final two periods of last night’s loss.
Feb 27, 2015, 1:46 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Feb 27, 2015, 1:35 PM EST
Could it keep him from getting moved by Monday?
Feb 27, 2015, 12:48 PM EST
“If we can’t get up emotionally for that game, then I think we have to take a deeper look at ourselves.”
Feb 27, 2015, 12:13 PM EST
Has appeared in 12 games for Minnesota this season.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:50 AM EST
Didn’t get the power-play time in Toronto.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:39 AM EST
“He actually said, ‘Can you believe I’m calling you on this guy?’ And I said, ‘No, I can’t. But let’s talk.”
Feb 27, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
Norris candidate will sit after getting injured during Wednesday’s win over New Jersey; Tyler Wotherspoon has been recalled from AHL Adirondack.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:56 AM EST
Starting tonight in New Jersey.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)