Jul 18, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
That gives the Penguins 12 forwards signed to one-way deals for the 2013-14 campaign.
Jeffrey was a dominant player offensively in the AHL, but the Penguins have used him primarily as a depth forward. He scored three goals and six points in 24 games while averaging 11:31 minutes per contest last season. The team didn’t use him during the 2013 playoff run.
Of the players that contributed to the Penguins last season, defenseman Robert Bortuzzo is the only remaining restricted free agent. Unlike Jeffrey, Bortuzzo filed for arbitration and has a hearing scheduled for Aug. 1.
Meanwhile, the Penguins are interested in locking Bortuzzo up to a multi-year deal, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)