Jul 18, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
That gives the Penguins 12 forwards signed to one-way deals for the 2013-14 campaign.
Jeffrey was a dominant player offensively in the AHL, but the Penguins have used him primarily as a depth forward. He scored three goals and six points in 24 games while averaging 11:31 minutes per contest last season. The team didn’t use him during the 2013 playoff run.
Of the players that contributed to the Penguins last season, defenseman Robert Bortuzzo is the only remaining restricted free agent. Unlike Jeffrey, Bortuzzo filed for arbitration and has a hearing scheduled for Aug. 1.
Meanwhile, the Penguins are interested in locking Bortuzzo up to a multi-year deal, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)