Jul 18, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
That gives the Penguins 12 forwards signed to one-way deals for the 2013-14 campaign.
Jeffrey was a dominant player offensively in the AHL, but the Penguins have used him primarily as a depth forward. He scored three goals and six points in 24 games while averaging 11:31 minutes per contest last season. The team didn’t use him during the 2013 playoff run.
Of the players that contributed to the Penguins last season, defenseman Robert Bortuzzo is the only remaining restricted free agent. Unlike Jeffrey, Bortuzzo filed for arbitration and has a hearing scheduled for Aug. 1.
Meanwhile, the Penguins are interested in locking Bortuzzo up to a multi-year deal, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34