Jul 18, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s a one-way deal for Josefson, suggesting he’ll be a regular in the line-up next season. The 20th overall pick in the 2009 draft, the 22-year-old forward had one goal and two assists in 22 games last year.
Meanwhile, New Jersey’s most important RFA, center Adam Henrique, remains unsigned.
From The Record:
Restricted free agent center Adam Henrique’s agent, John Thornton, said via email today he had “a long discussion” with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello last Friday in New Jersey and they’ve continued since then “trying to work out a fair deal for both sides.”
Although there was speculation that Henrique had agreed to terms already, Thornton said that is not true.
Lamoriello said Wednesday that it was his “target” to get the team’s restricted free agents re-signed by the end of this week.
Henrique, 23, had a tough sophomore season, registering just 16 points in 42 games, so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal the two sides hammer out.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22