Jul 18, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s a one-way deal for Josefson, suggesting he’ll be a regular in the line-up next season. The 20th overall pick in the 2009 draft, the 22-year-old forward had one goal and two assists in 22 games last year.
Meanwhile, New Jersey’s most important RFA, center Adam Henrique, remains unsigned.
From The Record:
Restricted free agent center Adam Henrique’s agent, John Thornton, said via email today he had “a long discussion” with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello last Friday in New Jersey and they’ve continued since then “trying to work out a fair deal for both sides.”
Although there was speculation that Henrique had agreed to terms already, Thornton said that is not true.
Lamoriello said Wednesday that it was his “target” to get the team’s restricted free agents re-signed by the end of this week.
Henrique, 23, had a tough sophomore season, registering just 16 points in 42 games, so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal the two sides hammer out.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)