Jul 18, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s a one-way deal for Josefson, suggesting he’ll be a regular in the line-up next season. The 20th overall pick in the 2009 draft, the 22-year-old forward had one goal and two assists in 22 games last year.
Meanwhile, New Jersey’s most important RFA, center Adam Henrique, remains unsigned.
From The Record:
Restricted free agent center Adam Henrique’s agent, John Thornton, said via email today he had “a long discussion” with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello last Friday in New Jersey and they’ve continued since then “trying to work out a fair deal for both sides.”
Although there was speculation that Henrique had agreed to terms already, Thornton said that is not true.
Lamoriello said Wednesday that it was his “target” to get the team’s restricted free agents re-signed by the end of this week.
Henrique, 23, had a tough sophomore season, registering just 16 points in 42 games, so it will be interesting to see what kind of deal the two sides hammer out.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)