Jul 18, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
The delayed release of the 2013-14 NHL schedule will continue to be delayed, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
“There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point,” Daly told NHL.com on Thursday. “And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature.”
The news comes a day after Florida’s (potential) 2013-14 schedule was leaked online, courtesy George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The Panthers told Richards that nothing is final with regards to the schedule; that said, it does feature a rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
Daly remains confident the NHL, along with the IIHF and IOC, will reach a deal soon.
“We hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future,” he said.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)