Jul 18, 2013, 5:52 PM EST
The delayed release of the 2013-14 NHL schedule will continue to be delayed, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
“There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point,” Daly told NHL.com on Thursday. “And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature.”
The news comes a day after Florida’s (potential) 2013-14 schedule was leaked online, courtesy George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The Panthers told Richards that nothing is final with regards to the schedule; that said, it does feature a rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
Daly remains confident the NHL, along with the IIHF and IOC, will reach a deal soon.
“We hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future,” he said.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)