Jul 18, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
The delayed release of the 2013-14 NHL schedule will continue to be delayed, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
“There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point,” Daly told NHL.com on Thursday. “And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature.”
The news comes a day after Florida’s (potential) 2013-14 schedule was leaked online, courtesy George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The Panthers told Richards that nothing is final with regards to the schedule; that said, it does feature a rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
Daly remains confident the NHL, along with the IIHF and IOC, will reach a deal soon.
“We hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future,” he said.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)