Jul 18, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
The delayed release of the 2013-14 NHL schedule will continue to be delayed, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
“There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point,” Daly told NHL.com on Thursday. “And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature.”
The news comes a day after Florida’s (potential) 2013-14 schedule was leaked online, courtesy George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The Panthers told Richards that nothing is final with regards to the schedule; that said, it does feature a rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
Daly remains confident the NHL, along with the IIHF and IOC, will reach a deal soon.
“We hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future,” he said.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5