Jul 18, 2013, 5:52 PM EST
The delayed release of the 2013-14 NHL schedule will continue to be delayed, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
“There has been no final agreement on the terms of Olympic participation at this point,” Daly told NHL.com on Thursday. “And unless, or until, there is, the release of the 2013-14 regular-season schedule would be premature.”
The news comes a day after Florida’s (potential) 2013-14 schedule was leaked online, courtesy George Richards of the Miami Herald.
The Panthers told Richards that nothing is final with regards to the schedule; that said, it does feature a rather lengthy Olympic break between Feb. 7 and Feb. 27.
The Sochi Games are scheduled for Feb. 7-23, with the gold-medal game to be played on the final day.
Daly remains confident the NHL, along with the IIHF and IOC, will reach a deal soon.
“We hope that a final resolution on both matters can be achieved in the very near future,” he said.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)