Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby still needs more work done on his broken jaw, but remains happy with his recovery overall.
“Jaw’s good,” Crosby told CTV. “I think I have to do some things once I get back to Pittsburgh, but pretty minor procedures and stuff that, hopefully, I really won’t have to worry about once I get it done.”
Crosby, 25, missed the final month of the regular season after taking a slapshot to the face on March 30. He returned to action for Game 2 of Pittsburgh’s opening-round playoff series against the Islanders, and wore a protective face shield for the opening two playoff rounds.
The Pens captain ditched the guard for the Eastern Conference finals against Boston — during which he was punched in the jaw by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara — but insisted his poor performance (zero points in four games) had nothing to do with the injury.
“It was pretty good,” he explained. “I got a couple of shots that didn’t feel great, but nothing that I felt hindered my play, anything less than anyone else was playing through at the time.
“So, I was really happy with the way it responded.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)