Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby still needs more work done on his broken jaw, but remains happy with his recovery overall.
“Jaw’s good,” Crosby told CTV. “I think I have to do some things once I get back to Pittsburgh, but pretty minor procedures and stuff that, hopefully, I really won’t have to worry about once I get it done.”
Crosby, 25, missed the final month of the regular season after taking a slapshot to the face on March 30. He returned to action for Game 2 of Pittsburgh’s opening-round playoff series against the Islanders, and wore a protective face shield for the opening two playoff rounds.
The Pens captain ditched the guard for the Eastern Conference finals against Boston — during which he was punched in the jaw by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara — but insisted his poor performance (zero points in four games) had nothing to do with the injury.
“It was pretty good,” he explained. “I got a couple of shots that didn’t feel great, but nothing that I felt hindered my play, anything less than anyone else was playing through at the time.
“So, I was really happy with the way it responded.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)