Jul 18, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby still needs more work done on his broken jaw, but remains happy with his recovery overall.
“Jaw’s good,” Crosby told CTV. “I think I have to do some things once I get back to Pittsburgh, but pretty minor procedures and stuff that, hopefully, I really won’t have to worry about once I get it done.”
Crosby, 25, missed the final month of the regular season after taking a slapshot to the face on March 30. He returned to action for Game 2 of Pittsburgh’s opening-round playoff series against the Islanders, and wore a protective face shield for the opening two playoff rounds.
The Pens captain ditched the guard for the Eastern Conference finals against Boston — during which he was punched in the jaw by Bruins captain Zdeno Chara — but insisted his poor performance (zero points in four games) had nothing to do with the injury.
“It was pretty good,” he explained. “I got a couple of shots that didn’t feel great, but nothing that I felt hindered my play, anything less than anyone else was playing through at the time.
“So, I was really happy with the way it responded.”
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 1
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 8
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9