Jul 17, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
Some minor signings to pass your way…
Colorado signs Malone
Malone, 24, was taken by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in 22 career NHL contests, all with the Avs.
The former North Dakota standout became a lineup regular late last season, appearing in most of Colorado’s April games.
Ottawa inks Hoffman
The Senators have agreed to terms with RFA forward Mike Hoffman on a one-year, two-way deal worth $660,00 at the NHL level.
Hoffman, 23, starred for AHL Binghamton before breaking his collarbone prior to the AHL All-Star Game. After recovering, he was called up to Ottawa — appearing in three games for the Sens — before re-injuring the collarbone and missing the remainder of the season.
Despite being limited to just 41 games due to injury, Hoffman still finished with 28 points for Binghamton in 2013.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)