Jul 17, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
Some minor signings to pass your way…
Colorado signs Malone
Malone, 24, was taken by Colorado at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and has appeared in 22 career NHL contests, all with the Avs.
The former North Dakota standout became a lineup regular late last season, appearing in most of Colorado’s April games.
Ottawa inks Hoffman
The Senators have agreed to terms with RFA forward Mike Hoffman on a one-year, two-way deal worth $660,00 at the NHL level.
Hoffman, 23, starred for AHL Binghamton before breaking his collarbone prior to the AHL All-Star Game. After recovering, he was called up to Ottawa — appearing in three games for the Sens — before re-injuring the collarbone and missing the remainder of the season.
Despite being limited to just 41 games due to injury, Hoffman still finished with 28 points for Binghamton in 2013.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)