Jul 17, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Clune, 26, was a pending unrestricted free agent who last year scored four goals and five assists in 47 games while amassing team highs in penalty minutes (113) and hits (159).
The commitment from the Preds is especially encouraging given he’s faced substance-abuse problems in the past, as documented in March by ESPN’s Scott Burnside.
Clune was claimed on waivers by Nashville on Jan. 15.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28