Jul 17, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner would like to continue his NHL career. And if possible, he’d like to do it with his home state’s Minnesota Wild.
“I’ve been pushing my (agent) to do some talking (to the Wild) for me,” Langenbrunner told the Duluth News Tribune. “That would, obviously, be the ideal situation from a family standpoint.”
How the Wild feel about signing a 37-year-old who underwent season-ending hip surgery in February isn’t clear.
Post operation, Langenbrunner says he’s feeling “as good as I have as far as skating.”
“It’s great to get to a point where there’s no pain skating, and I’m looking forward to continuing my training this summer and see where it takes me,” he added.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011 after having success with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went reasonably well — he appeared in 70 games, scoring six goals and 18 assists — but last year was a write-off, with just four appearances, no goals and one assist.
If we were to guess, Langenbrunner is most likely to get a tryout, as teams will be hesitant to commit without seeing what he can do in a preseason game.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 12
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 56
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)