Jul 17, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner would like to continue his NHL career. And if possible, he’d like to do it with his home state’s Minnesota Wild.
“I’ve been pushing my (agent) to do some talking (to the Wild) for me,” Langenbrunner told the Duluth News Tribune. “That would, obviously, be the ideal situation from a family standpoint.”
How the Wild feel about signing a 37-year-old who underwent season-ending hip surgery in February isn’t clear.
Post operation, Langenbrunner says he’s feeling “as good as I have as far as skating.”
“It’s great to get to a point where there’s no pain skating, and I’m looking forward to continuing my training this summer and see where it takes me,” he added.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011 after having success with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went reasonably well — he appeared in 70 games, scoring six goals and 18 assists — but last year was a write-off, with just four appearances, no goals and one assist.
If we were to guess, Langenbrunner is most likely to get a tryout, as teams will be hesitant to commit without seeing what he can do in a preseason game.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)