Jul 17, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner would like to continue his NHL career. And if possible, he’d like to do it with his home state’s Minnesota Wild.
“I’ve been pushing my (agent) to do some talking (to the Wild) for me,” Langenbrunner told the Duluth News Tribune. “That would, obviously, be the ideal situation from a family standpoint.”
How the Wild feel about signing a 37-year-old who underwent season-ending hip surgery in February isn’t clear.
Post operation, Langenbrunner says he’s feeling “as good as I have as far as skating.”
“It’s great to get to a point where there’s no pain skating, and I’m looking forward to continuing my training this summer and see where it takes me,” he added.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011 after having success with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went reasonably well — he appeared in 70 games, scoring six goals and 18 assists — but last year was a write-off, with just four appearances, no goals and one assist.
If we were to guess, Langenbrunner is most likely to get a tryout, as teams will be hesitant to commit without seeing what he can do in a preseason game.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)