Jul 17, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner would like to continue his NHL career. And if possible, he’d like to do it with his home state’s Minnesota Wild.
“I’ve been pushing my (agent) to do some talking (to the Wild) for me,” Langenbrunner told the Duluth News Tribune. “That would, obviously, be the ideal situation from a family standpoint.”
How the Wild feel about signing a 37-year-old who underwent season-ending hip surgery in February isn’t clear.
Post operation, Langenbrunner says he’s feeling “as good as I have as far as skating.”
“It’s great to get to a point where there’s no pain skating, and I’m looking forward to continuing my training this summer and see where it takes me,” he added.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011 after having success with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went reasonably well — he appeared in 70 games, scoring six goals and 18 assists — but last year was a write-off, with just four appearances, no goals and one assist.
If we were to guess, Langenbrunner is most likely to get a tryout, as teams will be hesitant to commit without seeing what he can do in a preseason game.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)