Jul 17, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
Veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner would like to continue his NHL career. And if possible, he’d like to do it with his home state’s Minnesota Wild.
“I’ve been pushing my (agent) to do some talking (to the Wild) for me,” Langenbrunner told the Duluth News Tribune. “That would, obviously, be the ideal situation from a family standpoint.”
How the Wild feel about signing a 37-year-old who underwent season-ending hip surgery in February isn’t clear.
Post operation, Langenbrunner says he’s feeling “as good as I have as far as skating.”
“It’s great to get to a point where there’s no pain skating, and I’m looking forward to continuing my training this summer and see where it takes me,” he added.
Langenbrunner joined the Blues in 2011 after having success with the Dallas and New Jersey organizations. His first season in St. Louis went reasonably well — he appeared in 70 games, scoring six goals and 18 assists — but last year was a write-off, with just four appearances, no goals and one assist.
If we were to guess, Langenbrunner is most likely to get a tryout, as teams will be hesitant to commit without seeing what he can do in a preseason game.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)