Jul 16, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Carcillo, 28, has spent the last two seasons with the ‘Hawks, appearing in 23 games last year after missing most of 2011-12 with a torn left ACL.
A noted pugilist, Carcillo had 2G-1A last season and appeared in four postseason games for the ‘Hawks during their Cup run, though none after Chicago’s second-round victory against Detroit.
The three were close during their time together in Philadelphia — when reports broke about Carter, Richards and the “Dry Island” situation, Carcillo jumped to both players’ defense.
“I have nothing but good things to say about Mike Richards,” Carcillo told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He’s an amazing person. He’s an amazing captain. It makes me upset kind of how he’s been dragged through the dirt a little bit as well as Jeff Carter.
“I don’t think it’s fair and I don’t think it’s warranted.”
Carcillo has one year left on a deal that carries an average annual cap hit of $825,000.
Los Angeles’ two most active fighters from a year ago — Nolan had six scraps, Clifford five — are RFAs. Nolan is headed to an arbitration hearing (Clifford doesn’t have arbitration rights) and could be in line for raises, which might be an issue for the Kings, who are currently $3 million away from the cap ceiling.
Clifford, who tied a career-high in points in 2013, carried an $870,000 cap hit on his last deal.
Nolan had a $531,000 cap hit on his last deal, and set a career-high in points (granted, it was with six.)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)