Jul 16, 2013, 6:26 PM EST
Carcillo, 28, has spent the last two seasons with the ‘Hawks, appearing in 23 games last year after missing most of 2011-12 with a torn left ACL.
A noted pugilist, Carcillo had 2G-1A last season and appeared in four postseason games for the ‘Hawks during their Cup run, though none after Chicago’s second-round victory against Detroit.
The three were close during their time together in Philadelphia — when reports broke about Carter, Richards and the “Dry Island” situation, Carcillo jumped to both players’ defense.
“I have nothing but good things to say about Mike Richards,” Carcillo told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He’s an amazing person. He’s an amazing captain. It makes me upset kind of how he’s been dragged through the dirt a little bit as well as Jeff Carter.
“I don’t think it’s fair and I don’t think it’s warranted.”
Carcillo has one year left on a deal that carries an average annual cap hit of $825,000.
Los Angeles’ two most active fighters from a year ago — Nolan had six scraps, Clifford five — are RFAs. Nolan is headed to an arbitration hearing (Clifford doesn’t have arbitration rights) and could be in line for raises, which might be an issue for the Kings, who are currently $3 million away from the cap ceiling.
Clifford, who tied a career-high in points in 2013, carried an $870,000 cap hit on his last deal.
Nolan had a $531,000 cap hit on his last deal, and set a career-high in points (granted, it was with six.)
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)