Jul 16, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Carcillo, 28, has spent the last two seasons with the ‘Hawks, appearing in 23 games last year after missing most of 2011-12 with a torn left ACL.
A noted pugilist, Carcillo had 2G-1A last season and appeared in four postseason games for the ‘Hawks during their Cup run, though none after Chicago’s second-round victory against Detroit.
The three were close during their time together in Philadelphia — when reports broke about Carter, Richards and the “Dry Island” situation, Carcillo jumped to both players’ defense.
“I have nothing but good things to say about Mike Richards,” Carcillo told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He’s an amazing person. He’s an amazing captain. It makes me upset kind of how he’s been dragged through the dirt a little bit as well as Jeff Carter.
“I don’t think it’s fair and I don’t think it’s warranted.”
Carcillo has one year left on a deal that carries an average annual cap hit of $825,000.
Los Angeles’ two most active fighters from a year ago — Nolan had six scraps, Clifford five — are RFAs. Nolan is headed to an arbitration hearing (Clifford doesn’t have arbitration rights) and could be in line for raises, which might be an issue for the Kings, who are currently $3 million away from the cap ceiling.
Clifford, who tied a career-high in points in 2013, carried an $870,000 cap hit on his last deal.
Nolan had a $531,000 cap hit on his last deal, and set a career-high in points (granted, it was with six.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)