Jul 16, 2013, 11:32 PM EST
The big moves are few and far between lately, but here are some smaller recent signings (all from former Southeast Division squads, curiously enough):
- The Tampa Bay Lightning signed forward J.T. Brown to a one-year, two-way deal on Monday and defenseman Mark Barberio to a one-year, two-way contract on Tuesday. Would it be too cartoonish to call him “Hanna Barberio”? If so, there’s always “The Barber,” although it feels like Jason Labarbera deserves to keep that nickname.
- The Florida Panthers handed one-year, two-way pacts to center Greg Rallo and blueliner Michael Caruso. In case you’re wondering, it appears that the latter player bares no relation to actor David Caruso (via Getty):
- Finally, the Winnipeg Jets signed Patrice Cormier, but the terms aren’t clear yet. The forward failed to score a single point in 10 games with the Jets in 2013 and nine contests in 2011-12, tallying one goal and one assists in 21 games played back in 2010-11. It’s plausible that many will remember him for his controversial hit on Mikael Tam in the QMJHL in 2009-10, which brought about criminal charges.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Dec 18, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
“Hopefully he can get in there and find his game.”
Dec 18, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
The Oilers’ farm team could be moving west in 2015-16.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
Joins Jacob Trouba, Zach Bogosian and Tobias Enstrom on the shelf.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
“Sometimes it’s one step forward and two steps back.”
Dec 18, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
With a hairline fracture in his ankle.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Along with builder Fran Rider, and former Swedish international Maria Rooth.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Former 20-goal scorer — and Stanley Cup winner — has been a bust in Nashville.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“It’s a pretty simple game I play, and if they’re not a fan of it, I’ve got to play somewhere else, I guess.”
Dec 18, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Where he’ll play alongside Rangers forward Anthony Duclair.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The 21-year-old had three points in four games.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Thomas Greiss is being isolated in case he also has the ailment.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
“He respected all of you unconditionally.”
Dec 18, 2014, 8:34 AM EST
Thursday’s collection of links.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:25 AM EST
Vancouver has now lost a season-high five straight.
Dec 18, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Chris Stewart is one name, which has been linked to Boston.
Dec 18, 2014, 1:40 AM EST
He’s even walking under his own power according to the report.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:45 AM EST
Calgary signed Bob Hartley to a multi-year extension Wednesday.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
The Devils have lost five straight.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Boston snaps three game skid.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24