Jul 16, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Last week, 21 players filed for salary arbitration.
Gagner, 25, finished second on the Oilers in scoring last season with 14 goals and 24 assists, playing on a one-year, $3.2 million deal.
For the Oilers, the problem with going to arbitration is that the maximum term that could be awarded is one year, which would leave Gagner — who’s already got six NHL seasons under his belt — a pending unrestricted free agent.
Stewart, 25, led St. Louis in scoring last year with 36 points in 48 games. His last contract, a one-year deal, paid him $3 million — though his situation is different than Gagner’s, in that Stewart needs two more years of service before becoming a UFA.
Here’s the full schedule of arbitration hearings, courtesy the NHLPA:
|July 22, 2013||AM||SAM GAGNER||EDM|
|July 22, 2013||AM||CHRIS STEWART||STL|
|July 23, 2013||AM||ERIC TANGRADI||WPG|
|July 24, 2013||AM||BRYAN LITTLE||WPG|
|July 25, 2013||AM||NICK SPALING||NSH|
|July 26, 2013||AM||CARL GUNNARSSON||TOR|
|July 29, 2013||AM||BLAKE WHEELER||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||PAUL POSTMA||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||MARK FRASER||TOR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||MATS ZUCCARELLO||NYR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||DALE WEISE||VAN|
|August 1, 2013||AM||ROBERT BORTUZZO||PIT|
|August 1, 2013||AM||JORDAN NOLAN||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||TREVOR LEWIS||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||ZACH BOGOSIAN||WPG|
Should be noted that Brendan Smith (Detroit), Alec Martinez (Los Angeles), Jake Muzzin (Los Angeles), Ryan White (Montreal), Josh Bailey (New York Islanders and Erik Condra (Ottawa) all received new deals after they filed for arbitration.
Update: Cross Tangradi off the list, as he and the Jets agreed to a two-year, $1.35 million deal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)