Jul 16, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Last week, 21 players filed for salary arbitration.
Gagner, 25, finished second on the Oilers in scoring last season with 14 goals and 24 assists, playing on a one-year, $3.2 million deal.
For the Oilers, the problem with going to arbitration is that the maximum term that could be awarded is one year, which would leave Gagner — who’s already got six NHL seasons under his belt — a pending unrestricted free agent.
Stewart, 25, led St. Louis in scoring last year with 36 points in 48 games. His last contract, a one-year deal, paid him $3 million — though his situation is different than Gagner’s, in that Stewart needs two more years of service before becoming a UFA.
Here’s the full schedule of arbitration hearings, courtesy the NHLPA:
|July 22, 2013||AM||SAM GAGNER||EDM|
|July 22, 2013||AM||CHRIS STEWART||STL|
|July 23, 2013||AM||ERIC TANGRADI||WPG|
|July 24, 2013||AM||BRYAN LITTLE||WPG|
|July 25, 2013||AM||NICK SPALING||NSH|
|July 26, 2013||AM||CARL GUNNARSSON||TOR|
|July 29, 2013||AM||BLAKE WHEELER||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||PAUL POSTMA||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||MARK FRASER||TOR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||MATS ZUCCARELLO||NYR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||DALE WEISE||VAN|
|August 1, 2013||AM||ROBERT BORTUZZO||PIT|
|August 1, 2013||AM||JORDAN NOLAN||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||TREVOR LEWIS||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||ZACH BOGOSIAN||WPG|
Should be noted that Brendan Smith (Detroit), Alec Martinez (Los Angeles), Jake Muzzin (Los Angeles), Ryan White (Montreal), Josh Bailey (New York Islanders and Erik Condra (Ottawa) all received new deals after they filed for arbitration.
Update: Cross Tangradi off the list, as he and the Jets agreed to a two-year, $1.35 million deal.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)