Jul 16, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Last week, 21 players filed for salary arbitration.
Gagner, 25, finished second on the Oilers in scoring last season with 14 goals and 24 assists, playing on a one-year, $3.2 million deal.
For the Oilers, the problem with going to arbitration is that the maximum term that could be awarded is one year, which would leave Gagner — who’s already got six NHL seasons under his belt — a pending unrestricted free agent.
Stewart, 25, led St. Louis in scoring last year with 36 points in 48 games. His last contract, a one-year deal, paid him $3 million — though his situation is different than Gagner’s, in that Stewart needs two more years of service before becoming a UFA.
Here’s the full schedule of arbitration hearings, courtesy the NHLPA:
|July 22, 2013||AM||SAM GAGNER||EDM|
|July 22, 2013||AM||CHRIS STEWART||STL|
|July 23, 2013||AM||ERIC TANGRADI||WPG|
|July 24, 2013||AM||BRYAN LITTLE||WPG|
|July 25, 2013||AM||NICK SPALING||NSH|
|July 26, 2013||AM||CARL GUNNARSSON||TOR|
|July 29, 2013||AM||BLAKE WHEELER||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||PAUL POSTMA||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||MARK FRASER||TOR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||MATS ZUCCARELLO||NYR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||DALE WEISE||VAN|
|August 1, 2013||AM||ROBERT BORTUZZO||PIT|
|August 1, 2013||AM||JORDAN NOLAN||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||TREVOR LEWIS||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||ZACH BOGOSIAN||WPG|
Should be noted that Brendan Smith (Detroit), Alec Martinez (Los Angeles), Jake Muzzin (Los Angeles), Ryan White (Montreal), Josh Bailey (New York Islanders and Erik Condra (Ottawa) all received new deals after they filed for arbitration.
Update: Cross Tangradi off the list, as he and the Jets agreed to a two-year, $1.35 million deal.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)