Jul 16, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Last week, 21 players filed for salary arbitration.
Gagner, 25, finished second on the Oilers in scoring last season with 14 goals and 24 assists, playing on a one-year, $3.2 million deal.
For the Oilers, the problem with going to arbitration is that the maximum term that could be awarded is one year, which would leave Gagner — who’s already got six NHL seasons under his belt — a pending unrestricted free agent.
Stewart, 25, led St. Louis in scoring last year with 36 points in 48 games. His last contract, a one-year deal, paid him $3 million — though his situation is different than Gagner’s, in that Stewart needs two more years of service before becoming a UFA.
Here’s the full schedule of arbitration hearings, courtesy the NHLPA:
|July 22, 2013||AM||SAM GAGNER||EDM|
|July 22, 2013||AM||CHRIS STEWART||STL|
|July 23, 2013||AM||ERIC TANGRADI||WPG|
|July 24, 2013||AM||BRYAN LITTLE||WPG|
|July 25, 2013||AM||NICK SPALING||NSH|
|July 26, 2013||AM||CARL GUNNARSSON||TOR|
|July 29, 2013||AM||BLAKE WHEELER||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||PAUL POSTMA||WPG|
|July 30, 2013||AM||MARK FRASER||TOR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||MATS ZUCCARELLO||NYR|
|July 31, 2013||AM||DALE WEISE||VAN|
|August 1, 2013||AM||ROBERT BORTUZZO||PIT|
|August 1, 2013||AM||JORDAN NOLAN||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||TREVOR LEWIS||LOSA|
|August 2, 2013||AM||ZACH BOGOSIAN||WPG|
Should be noted that Brendan Smith (Detroit), Alec Martinez (Los Angeles), Jake Muzzin (Los Angeles), Ryan White (Montreal), Josh Bailey (New York Islanders and Erik Condra (Ottawa) all received new deals after they filed for arbitration.
Update: Cross Tangradi off the list, as he and the Jets agreed to a two-year, $1.35 million deal.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 2
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 25
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 67
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (67)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)