Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
Limited to just one game last season because of a mysterious back injury, Detroit forward Darren Helm was sounding cautiously optimistic Sunday at Red Wings development camp.
“I like the way things have went so far,” Helm told MLive.com. “Got one more skate tomorrow. Like I said before, it’s a process. I’m encouraged, for sure. I see this moving in the right direction, especially in the last few days.”
The 26-year-old speedster even took some light contact during one on-ice session.
“I didn’t have any (back) issues with that,” he said.
“It’s been a tough year and a half,” he said.
“But I see a light.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21