Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
Limited to just one game last season because of a mysterious back injury, Detroit forward Darren Helm was sounding cautiously optimistic Sunday at Red Wings development camp.
“I like the way things have went so far,” Helm told MLive.com. “Got one more skate tomorrow. Like I said before, it’s a process. I’m encouraged, for sure. I see this moving in the right direction, especially in the last few days.”
The 26-year-old speedster even took some light contact during one on-ice session.
“I didn’t have any (back) issues with that,” he said.
“It’s been a tough year and a half,” he said.
“But I see a light.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39