Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
Limited to just one game last season because of a mysterious back injury, Detroit forward Darren Helm was sounding cautiously optimistic Sunday at Red Wings development camp.
“I like the way things have went so far,” Helm told MLive.com. “Got one more skate tomorrow. Like I said before, it’s a process. I’m encouraged, for sure. I see this moving in the right direction, especially in the last few days.”
The 26-year-old speedster even took some light contact during one on-ice session.
“I didn’t have any (back) issues with that,” he said.
“It’s been a tough year and a half,” he said.
“But I see a light.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)