Jul 15, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
Limited to just one game last season because of a mysterious back injury, Detroit forward Darren Helm was sounding cautiously optimistic Sunday at Red Wings development camp.
“I like the way things have went so far,” Helm told MLive.com. “Got one more skate tomorrow. Like I said before, it’s a process. I’m encouraged, for sure. I see this moving in the right direction, especially in the last few days.”
The 26-year-old speedster even took some light contact during one on-ice session.
“I didn’t have any (back) issues with that,” he said.
“It’s been a tough year and a half,” he said.
“But I see a light.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)