Jul 15, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Damien Brunner‘s agent has thrown some cold water on a report out of Switzerland that suggested his client was about to sign with the New Jersey Devils.
This morning, Neil Sheehy told The Record’s Tom Gulitti that there’s “nothing imminent” on the signing front.
The Devils obviously have a big hole to fill after sniper Ilya Kovalchuk left for the KHL. Brunner, 27, scored 12 times in 44 games for Detroit during the regular season, then adding a team-high five goals in the playoffs.
Brunner was reportedly looking for $3 -3.5 million per season for 2-3 years from the Red Wings.
- Report: Hamilton to sign six-year deal with Flames 1
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 28
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 12
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 33
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)