Jul 15, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Damien Brunner‘s agent has thrown some cold water on a report out of Switzerland that suggested his client was about to sign with the New Jersey Devils.
This morning, Neil Sheehy told The Record’s Tom Gulitti that there’s “nothing imminent” on the signing front.
The Devils obviously have a big hole to fill after sniper Ilya Kovalchuk left for the KHL. Brunner, 27, scored 12 times in 44 games for Detroit during the regular season, then adding a team-high five goals in the playoffs.
Brunner was reportedly looking for $3 -3.5 million per season for 2-3 years from the Red Wings.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40