Jul 15, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Damien Brunner‘s agent has thrown some cold water on a report out of Switzerland that suggested his client was about to sign with the New Jersey Devils.
This morning, Neil Sheehy told The Record’s Tom Gulitti that there’s “nothing imminent” on the signing front.
The Devils obviously have a big hole to fill after sniper Ilya Kovalchuk left for the KHL. Brunner, 27, scored 12 times in 44 games for Detroit during the regular season, then adding a team-high five goals in the playoffs.
Brunner was reportedly looking for $3 -3.5 million per season for 2-3 years from the Red Wings.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)