Jul 15, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did some minor housekeeping on Monday, signing defenseman David Savard to a one-year, two-way contract.
The 22-year-old failed to score a point in four games in 2013, but he made a bigger impact in 2011-12, collecting 10 points in 31 games and averaging 16:34 minutes per night.
He was the QMJHL defenseman of the year during the 2009-10 season.
Savard is one of several Blue Jackets blueliners who will vie for one of the team’s depth roles, but it’s likely he’ll bounce between the NHL and AHL, unless he only stays with the Springfield Falcons next season.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12