Jul 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EDT
A pair of top 2013 draft picks — Florida’s Aleksander Barkov (chosen second overall) and Carolina’s Elias Lindholm (fifth overall) — have signed their entry-level contracts.
“We are pleased to have signed Aleksander,” said Panthers general manager Dale Tallon in a release. “He is a mature, strong and skilled forward who plays well at both ends of the ice and strengthens our line-up down the middle. Aleksander is a creative and dynamic player who our fans will enjoy watching. We look forward to his contributions to our organization both on and off the ice.”
Here’s the Hurricanes’ release on the Lindholm signing.
Both players are expected to compete for NHL roster spots at training camp.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)