Jul 15, 2013, 2:55 PM EST
A pair of top 2013 draft picks — Florida’s Aleksander Barkov (chosen second overall) and Carolina’s Elias Lindholm (fifth overall) — have signed their entry-level contracts.
“We are pleased to have signed Aleksander,” said Panthers general manager Dale Tallon in a release. “He is a mature, strong and skilled forward who plays well at both ends of the ice and strengthens our line-up down the middle. Aleksander is a creative and dynamic player who our fans will enjoy watching. We look forward to his contributions to our organization both on and off the ice.”
Here’s the Hurricanes’ release on the Lindholm signing.
Both players are expected to compete for NHL roster spots at training camp.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11