Jul 14, 2013, 11:20 AM EST
Curtis Rush of the Toronto Star spoke with Paul Seguin about Tyler’s active social calendar while a member of the Bruins and what he says might get Tyler to ask his folks to stop talking to reporters.
“Him having a good time occasionally, and it being in the media, this was something that the Bruins thought should never happen,” Seguin said. “Even if it happened once or twice or three times, the Bruins didn’t like this happening even once.”
Getting busted having (too much of?) a good time is something that will always get you questioned by the team, fans and especially reporters. Don’t worry though, Paul Seguin can explain why his son was doing it.
“With all respect to David Krejci or Milan Lucic, when the game is over, they go out with their family and hang out in the back of a restaurant,” he said. “They’re nice and quiet and no one tweets about it. Tyler looks to his friends for comfort and where do his friends go? They go to the local bar.”
You can almost hear Tyler saying, “Daaad! Come on!” from here.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 26
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)