Jul 14, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Ray Emery‘s return to Philadelphia comes in a different situation than his first tour of duty.
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer finds out that if Emery has to platoon this season, he supports it.
“One hundred percent,” he said. “. . . It’s more about the relationship. That’s not to say one guy doesn’t play tons and one guy plays fewer, but it’s more about making it comfortable and that you get the most out of both guys.”
You have to think Emery learned that approach this past season in Chicago where he and Corey Crawford teamed up to win the Jennings Trophy as the top goaltending tandem in the league. Even when the Vezina Trophy votes were announced, Emery wound up getting a first-place vote despite being Crawford’s backup all year.
If this approach can work for Mason and egos can take a back seat, maybe this can actually work out for the Flyers.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21