Jul 14, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
Ray Emery‘s return to Philadelphia comes in a different situation than his first tour of duty.
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer finds out that if Emery has to platoon this season, he supports it.
“One hundred percent,” he said. “. . . It’s more about the relationship. That’s not to say one guy doesn’t play tons and one guy plays fewer, but it’s more about making it comfortable and that you get the most out of both guys.”
You have to think Emery learned that approach this past season in Chicago where he and Corey Crawford teamed up to win the Jennings Trophy as the top goaltending tandem in the league. Even when the Vezina Trophy votes were announced, Emery wound up getting a first-place vote despite being Crawford’s backup all year.
If this approach can work for Mason and egos can take a back seat, maybe this can actually work out for the Flyers.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)