Jul 14, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Ray Emery‘s return to Philadelphia comes in a different situation than his first tour of duty.
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer finds out that if Emery has to platoon this season, he supports it.
“One hundred percent,” he said. “. . . It’s more about the relationship. That’s not to say one guy doesn’t play tons and one guy plays fewer, but it’s more about making it comfortable and that you get the most out of both guys.”
You have to think Emery learned that approach this past season in Chicago where he and Corey Crawford teamed up to win the Jennings Trophy as the top goaltending tandem in the league. Even when the Vezina Trophy votes were announced, Emery wound up getting a first-place vote despite being Crawford’s backup all year.
If this approach can work for Mason and egos can take a back seat, maybe this can actually work out for the Flyers.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)