Jul 14, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
Ray Emery‘s return to Philadelphia comes in a different situation than his first tour of duty.
Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer finds out that if Emery has to platoon this season, he supports it.
“One hundred percent,” he said. “. . . It’s more about the relationship. That’s not to say one guy doesn’t play tons and one guy plays fewer, but it’s more about making it comfortable and that you get the most out of both guys.”
You have to think Emery learned that approach this past season in Chicago where he and Corey Crawford teamed up to win the Jennings Trophy as the top goaltending tandem in the league. Even when the Vezina Trophy votes were announced, Emery wound up getting a first-place vote despite being Crawford’s backup all year.
If this approach can work for Mason and egos can take a back seat, maybe this can actually work out for the Flyers.
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 4
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 7
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 23
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 32
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2