Jul 14, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers don’t have many pressing needs this summer, but getting restricted free agent Jacob Markstrom re-signed is one of them.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says, however, that won’t be an issue much longer. Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel hears from him on that matter and team goaltending in general.
“We have Markstrom; we’re going to get signed here shortly,” he said. “We got Clem (Scott Clemmensen) and Houser (Michael Houser). You could never have enough good goaltending. That’s going to work itself out. We’ll see what happens.”
One person Tallon doesn’t seem interested in bringing back is unrestricted free agent Jose Theodore. After spending the last two seasons in Florida, he’s free to go wherever he’d like. With Markstrom, 23, ready to sign it appears they want to see what their potential franchise goalie can do over a full season.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 12
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 65
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)