Jul 14, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers don’t have many pressing needs this summer, but getting restricted free agent Jacob Markstrom re-signed is one of them.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says, however, that won’t be an issue much longer. Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel hears from him on that matter and team goaltending in general.
“We have Markstrom; we’re going to get signed here shortly,” he said. “We got Clem (Scott Clemmensen) and Houser (Michael Houser). You could never have enough good goaltending. That’s going to work itself out. We’ll see what happens.”
One person Tallon doesn’t seem interested in bringing back is unrestricted free agent Jose Theodore. After spending the last two seasons in Florida, he’s free to go wherever he’d like. With Markstrom, 23, ready to sign it appears they want to see what their potential franchise goalie can do over a full season.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18