Jul 14, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers don’t have many pressing needs this summer, but getting restricted free agent Jacob Markstrom re-signed is one of them.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says, however, that won’t be an issue much longer. Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel hears from him on that matter and team goaltending in general.
“We have Markstrom; we’re going to get signed here shortly,” he said. “We got Clem (Scott Clemmensen) and Houser (Michael Houser). You could never have enough good goaltending. That’s going to work itself out. We’ll see what happens.”
One person Tallon doesn’t seem interested in bringing back is unrestricted free agent Jose Theodore. After spending the last two seasons in Florida, he’s free to go wherever he’d like. With Markstrom, 23, ready to sign it appears they want to see what their potential franchise goalie can do over a full season.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)