Jul 14, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
The Florida Panthers don’t have many pressing needs this summer, but getting restricted free agent Jacob Markstrom re-signed is one of them.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says, however, that won’t be an issue much longer. Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel hears from him on that matter and team goaltending in general.
“We have Markstrom; we’re going to get signed here shortly,” he said. “We got Clem (Scott Clemmensen) and Houser (Michael Houser). You could never have enough good goaltending. That’s going to work itself out. We’ll see what happens.”
One person Tallon doesn’t seem interested in bringing back is unrestricted free agent Jose Theodore. After spending the last two seasons in Florida, he’s free to go wherever he’d like. With Markstrom, 23, ready to sign it appears they want to see what their potential franchise goalie can do over a full season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 92
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 92
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 103
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (124)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (105)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (105)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (94)