Jul 14, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
The Florida Panthers don’t have many pressing needs this summer, but getting restricted free agent Jacob Markstrom re-signed is one of them.
Panthers GM Dale Tallon says, however, that won’t be an issue much longer. Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel hears from him on that matter and team goaltending in general.
“We have Markstrom; we’re going to get signed here shortly,” he said. “We got Clem (Scott Clemmensen) and Houser (Michael Houser). You could never have enough good goaltending. That’s going to work itself out. We’ll see what happens.”
One person Tallon doesn’t seem interested in bringing back is unrestricted free agent Jose Theodore. After spending the last two seasons in Florida, he’s free to go wherever he’d like. With Markstrom, 23, ready to sign it appears they want to see what their potential franchise goalie can do over a full season.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 31
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)