Jul 14, 2013, 6:09 PM EST
It seems as if this trend comes in threes. Williams points out that Meech is the third Jets player to leave Winnipeg for the KHL this summer - Alex Burmistrov joined Kazan and Mark Dekanich will play for Zagreb – and also the third Jet to play for Minsk. (Evander Kane and Tim Stapleton also suited up for that KHL squad.)
Meech, 29, never really made much of an impact in Winnipeg. He played just 18 games for the Jets (16 in 2013, two in 2011-12) after playing fairly regularly for the Detroit Red Wings. He managed a single assist in his 18 games with Winnipeg.
The Jets certainly have bigger fish to fry, though, as this post points out.
Still, one cannot help but wonder how much the honeymoon period will last in Winnipeg, as the team enters its third season with a roster that doesn’t look very formidable on paper.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)