Jul 14, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
Max Domi is all set to start his pro career.
The Phoenix first-round pick signed his three-year entry-level deal with the team locking him into starting his pro career in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney is excited.
“We are very pleased to sign Max to an entry-level contract,” said Maloney. “Max is a very talented young player with a bright future. He had an impressive prospect development camp and we look forward to watching his progress.”
Domi, son of former NHL tough guy Tie Domi, will likely return to the London Knights in the OHL this season and continue to develop his game there. Unlike his old man, he’s a true offensive prospect and put up big numbers for London last season with 39 goals and 87 points.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)