Jul 14, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Max Domi is all set to start his pro career.
The Phoenix first-round pick signed his three-year entry-level deal with the team locking him into starting his pro career in the desert. Coyotes GM Don Maloney is excited.
“We are very pleased to sign Max to an entry-level contract,” said Maloney. “Max is a very talented young player with a bright future. He had an impressive prospect development camp and we look forward to watching his progress.”
Domi, son of former NHL tough guy Tie Domi, will likely return to the London Knights in the OHL this season and continue to develop his game there. Unlike his old man, he’s a true offensive prospect and put up big numbers for London last season with 39 goals and 87 points.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)