Jul 13, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
It was so ridiculously terrific, the TV movie Sharknado is now being referenced in a ProHockeyTalk post.
On Friday, after the science fiction TV movie lit up television screens in the U.S., a back-and-forth began on Twitter between those operating the ESPN, San Jose Sharks and, later on, St. Louis Blues’ accounts.
Below is the exchange between @espn and @SanJoseSharks. We’ll give the decision to the San Jose Sharks on this one.
However, the Sharks organization has removed the tweet directed to ESPN.
Then, the St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) got involved. And they probably should not have done that. It backfired on them, much like it did with ESPN.
For the exchange between the Sharks and Blues Twitter accounts, click here to Sportsnet.ca.
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 33
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 20
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)