Jul 13, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
It was so ridiculously terrific, the TV movie Sharknado is now being referenced in a ProHockeyTalk post.
On Friday, after the science fiction TV movie lit up television screens in the U.S., a back-and-forth began on Twitter between those operating the ESPN, San Jose Sharks and, later on, St. Louis Blues’ accounts.
Below is the exchange between @espn and @SanJoseSharks. We’ll give the decision to the San Jose Sharks on this one.
However, the Sharks organization has removed the tweet directed to ESPN.
Then, the St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) got involved. And they probably should not have done that. It backfired on them, much like it did with ESPN.
For the exchange between the Sharks and Blues Twitter accounts, click here to Sportsnet.ca.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)