Jul 13, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
It was so ridiculously terrific, the TV movie Sharknado is now being referenced in a ProHockeyTalk post.
On Friday, after the science fiction TV movie lit up television screens in the U.S., a back-and-forth began on Twitter between those operating the ESPN, San Jose Sharks and, later on, St. Louis Blues’ accounts.
Below is the exchange between @espn and @SanJoseSharks. We’ll give the decision to the San Jose Sharks on this one.
However, the Sharks organization has removed the tweet directed to ESPN.
Then, the St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) got involved. And they probably should not have done that. It backfired on them, much like it did with ESPN.
For the exchange between the Sharks and Blues Twitter accounts, click here to Sportsnet.ca.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40