Jul 13, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
It was so ridiculously terrific, the TV movie Sharknado is now being referenced in a ProHockeyTalk post.
On Friday, after the science fiction TV movie lit up television screens in the U.S., a back-and-forth began on Twitter between those operating the ESPN, San Jose Sharks and, later on, St. Louis Blues’ accounts.
Below is the exchange between @espn and @SanJoseSharks. We’ll give the decision to the San Jose Sharks on this one.
However, the Sharks organization has removed the tweet directed to ESPN.
Then, the St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) got involved. And they probably should not have done that. It backfired on them, much like it did with ESPN.
For the exchange between the Sharks and Blues Twitter accounts, click here to Sportsnet.ca.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)