Jul 13, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Contract talks between the Detroit Red Wings and a pair of restricted free agents – Gustav Nyquist and Joakim Andersson – have been a little tedious to this point.
But, as Brendan Savage of MLive.com reports, it would appear both are expected back with the Red Wings for next season.
“I haven’t really begun” negotiating, Red Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com on Friday.
“I talked with Nyguist’s agent Monday or Tuesday. We haven’t talked since. I played telephone tag with Andersson’s agent.
“If somebody puts in an offer sheet, we’ll match.”
Andersson is coming off a three-year entry-level contract that paid him $637,500 at the NHL level, according to Capgeek.com.
Nyquist is coming off a two-year entry-level deal that paid him $837,500 at the NHL level this season, again, as per Capgeek.com.
The lockout-shortened season marked Nyquist’s second in the league and with the Wings. He had three goals and six points in 22 regular season games for Detroit, but had a stronger offensive impact in the playoffs.
In 14 games – both series the Wings were in went to seven games – he had two goals and five points.
Andersson, who got his first taste of the NHL in 2011-12, had three goals and eight points in 38 games during the 2013 regular season, but also put up decent numbers in the playoffs, considering he has yet to play a full year in the league.
He had one goal and five points in 14 post-season games.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)