Jul 12, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s been quite the year for us here at PHT. Now, with some time to breathe (no shock retirements today, please), we wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for visiting.
We always felt they’d find a way to play hockey this year. In the backs of our minds, though, we’ll admit there was that lingering worry we’d still be copying and pasting dueling press releases from the NHL (it’s their fault! something about the rising cost of masseuses) and NHLPA (no, it’s theirs! for the billionth time, we just want to play) into the summer and beyond. Suffice to say, covering a lockout isn’t what sportswriters get into sportswriting to do. We get into it for the free media meals, which we can’t enjoy unless there are games.
Once the season finally got underway, it was pretty much a sprint to now. We won’t bore with you a bunch of website traffic metrics, but we will say that traffic is up. Quite a bit. Also, you may have noticed there are more comments on the site now. We love that. Except when you rip us, in which case we hope it was worth it because your IP address has been blocked. Otherwise, your contributions are greatly appreciated. We all know everyone just scrolls down to the comments anyway.
One last note. PHT headquarters changed addresses in June (which we felt was a good time for a move, because what happens in June anyway?) Special thanks to Roger Williams of Image Media Farm in Vancouver for granting us a temporary location to shoot our award-winning PHT Extra videos.
So anyway, thanks again and we’ll see you all in a couple of months when training camp starts…wait, what?….oh, apparently we have to keep working.
Did Matt Halischuk sign yet?
Yes, he did.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)