Jul 12, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s been quite the year for us here at PHT. Now, with some time to breathe (no shock retirements today, please), we wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for visiting.
We always felt they’d find a way to play hockey this year. In the backs of our minds, though, we’ll admit there was that lingering worry we’d still be copying and pasting dueling press releases from the NHL (it’s their fault! something about the rising cost of masseuses) and NHLPA (no, it’s theirs! for the billionth time, we just want to play) into the summer and beyond. Suffice to say, covering a lockout isn’t what sportswriters get into sportswriting to do. We get into it for the free media meals, which we can’t enjoy unless there are games.
Once the season finally got underway, it was pretty much a sprint to now. We won’t bore with you a bunch of website traffic metrics, but we will say that traffic is up. Quite a bit. Also, you may have noticed there are more comments on the site now. We love that. Except when you rip us, in which case we hope it was worth it because your IP address has been blocked. Otherwise, your contributions are greatly appreciated. We all know everyone just scrolls down to the comments anyway.
One last note. PHT headquarters changed addresses in June (which we felt was a good time for a move, because what happens in June anyway?) Special thanks to Roger Williams of Image Media Farm in Vancouver for granting us a temporary location to shoot our award-winning PHT Extra videos.
So anyway, thanks again and we’ll see you all in a couple of months when training camp starts…wait, what?….oh, apparently we have to keep working.
Did Matt Halischuk sign yet?
Yes, he did.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)