Jul 12, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
It’s been quite the year for us here at PHT. Now, with some time to breathe (no shock retirements today, please), we wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for visiting.
We always felt they’d find a way to play hockey this year. In the backs of our minds, though, we’ll admit there was that lingering worry we’d still be copying and pasting dueling press releases from the NHL (it’s their fault! something about the rising cost of masseuses) and NHLPA (no, it’s theirs! for the billionth time, we just want to play) into the summer and beyond. Suffice to say, covering a lockout isn’t what sportswriters get into sportswriting to do. We get into it for the free media meals, which we can’t enjoy unless there are games.
Once the season finally got underway, it was pretty much a sprint to now. We won’t bore with you a bunch of website traffic metrics, but we will say that traffic is up. Quite a bit. Also, you may have noticed there are more comments on the site now. We love that. Except when you rip us, in which case we hope it was worth it because your IP address has been blocked. Otherwise, your contributions are greatly appreciated. We all know everyone just scrolls down to the comments anyway.
One last note. PHT headquarters changed addresses in June (which we felt was a good time for a move, because what happens in June anyway?) Special thanks to Roger Williams of Image Media Farm in Vancouver for granting us a temporary location to shoot our award-winning PHT Extra videos.
So anyway, thanks again and we’ll see you all in a couple of months when training camp starts…wait, what?….oh, apparently we have to keep working.
Did Matt Halischuk sign yet?
Yes, he did.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)