Jul 12, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s been quite the year for us here at PHT. Now, with some time to breathe (no shock retirements today, please), we wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for visiting.
We always felt they’d find a way to play hockey this year. In the backs of our minds, though, we’ll admit there was that lingering worry we’d still be copying and pasting dueling press releases from the NHL (it’s their fault! something about the rising cost of masseuses) and NHLPA (no, it’s theirs! for the billionth time, we just want to play) into the summer and beyond. Suffice to say, covering a lockout isn’t what sportswriters get into sportswriting to do. We get into it for the free media meals, which we can’t enjoy unless there are games.
Once the season finally got underway, it was pretty much a sprint to now. We won’t bore with you a bunch of website traffic metrics, but we will say that traffic is up. Quite a bit. Also, you may have noticed there are more comments on the site now. We love that. Except when you rip us, in which case we hope it was worth it because your IP address has been blocked. Otherwise, your contributions are greatly appreciated. We all know everyone just scrolls down to the comments anyway.
One last note. PHT headquarters changed addresses in June (which we felt was a good time for a move, because what happens in June anyway?) Special thanks to Roger Williams of Image Media Farm in Vancouver for granting us a temporary location to shoot our award-winning PHT Extra videos.
So anyway, thanks again and we’ll see you all in a couple of months when training camp starts…wait, what?….oh, apparently we have to keep working.
Did Matt Halischuk sign yet?
Yes, he did.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 0
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 7
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 39
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)