Jul 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
It’s about to get a lot easier to watch replays in the Pepsi Center.
The Colorado Avalanche announced today that a new scoreboard will be installed for next season.
Here are the specs:
The scoreboard will contain four large screens—two will face the center seating areas, measuring approximately 27’ high by 48’ long, and two will face each end of the seating bowl, measuring approximately 21’ high by 25’ wide. The new display boards will contain over 8.5 million pixels in total. Fans seated along the center areas will face a 1080p full HD screen that spans both blue lines for hockey and stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line for basketball.
A similar scoreboard has been installed in the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the home of the Lightning.
For Avs fans, these are exciting times indeed. Joe Sakic’s in charge of hockey operations now. Patrick Roy’s the new head coach. Nathan MacKinnon could be a future superstar.
Perhaps all of the above can help return the franchise to prominence, both in the league and in Denver.
In 2013, Colorado finished 26th in league attendance, averaging just 15,444 per game as the club went on to miss the playoffs for the fifth time in seven seasons.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)