Jul 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
It’s about to get a lot easier to watch replays in the Pepsi Center.
The Colorado Avalanche announced today that a new scoreboard will be installed for next season.
Here are the specs:
The scoreboard will contain four large screens—two will face the center seating areas, measuring approximately 27’ high by 48’ long, and two will face each end of the seating bowl, measuring approximately 21’ high by 25’ wide. The new display boards will contain over 8.5 million pixels in total. Fans seated along the center areas will face a 1080p full HD screen that spans both blue lines for hockey and stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line for basketball.
A similar scoreboard has been installed in the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the home of the Lightning.
For Avs fans, these are exciting times indeed. Joe Sakic’s in charge of hockey operations now. Patrick Roy’s the new head coach. Nathan MacKinnon could be a future superstar.
Perhaps all of the above can help return the franchise to prominence, both in the league and in Denver.
In 2013, Colorado finished 26th in league attendance, averaging just 15,444 per game as the club went on to miss the playoffs for the fifth time in seven seasons.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)