Jul 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EDT
It’s about to get a lot easier to watch replays in the Pepsi Center.
The Colorado Avalanche announced today that a new scoreboard will be installed for next season.
Here are the specs:
The scoreboard will contain four large screens—two will face the center seating areas, measuring approximately 27’ high by 48’ long, and two will face each end of the seating bowl, measuring approximately 21’ high by 25’ wide. The new display boards will contain over 8.5 million pixels in total. Fans seated along the center areas will face a 1080p full HD screen that spans both blue lines for hockey and stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line for basketball.
A similar scoreboard has been installed in the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the home of the Lightning.
For Avs fans, these are exciting times indeed. Joe Sakic’s in charge of hockey operations now. Patrick Roy’s the new head coach. Nathan MacKinnon could be a future superstar.
Perhaps all of the above can help return the franchise to prominence, both in the league and in Denver.
In 2013, Colorado finished 26th in league attendance, averaging just 15,444 per game as the club went on to miss the playoffs for the fifth time in seven seasons.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)