Jul 11, 2013, 3:40 PM EST
It’s about to get a lot easier to watch replays in the Pepsi Center.
The Colorado Avalanche announced today that a new scoreboard will be installed for next season.
Here are the specs:
The scoreboard will contain four large screens—two will face the center seating areas, measuring approximately 27’ high by 48’ long, and two will face each end of the seating bowl, measuring approximately 21’ high by 25’ wide. The new display boards will contain over 8.5 million pixels in total. Fans seated along the center areas will face a 1080p full HD screen that spans both blue lines for hockey and stretches from 3-point line to 3-point line for basketball.
A similar scoreboard has been installed in the Tampa Bay Times Forum, the home of the Lightning.
For Avs fans, these are exciting times indeed. Joe Sakic’s in charge of hockey operations now. Patrick Roy’s the new head coach. Nathan MacKinnon could be a future superstar.
Perhaps all of the above can help return the franchise to prominence, both in the league and in Denver.
In 2013, Colorado finished 26th in league attendance, averaging just 15,444 per game as the club went on to miss the playoffs for the fifth time in seven seasons.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 0
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 74
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 20
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 30
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (81)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)