Jul 11, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets bolstered their forward depth – whether it be at the NHL or AHL level – by signing Matt Halischuk to a one-year, two-way deal on Thursday.
The contract pays him $650K at the NHL level and $250K in the AHL level, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press.
The 25-year-old played in 36 games with the Nashville Predators this past season, collecting 11 points. The 2011-12 campaign was the best of his NHL career, as he scored 28 points – more than the rest of his career, combined – in 73 games for the Preds.
Predators blog On the Forecheck points out that his nickname is “Hustlechuk” and referenced “A Clockwork Orange,” in reviewing his last season, so that should provide you with all the Halischuk-related entertainment one could reasonably ask for.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)