Jul 11, 2013, 11:15 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets bolstered their forward depth – whether it be at the NHL or AHL level – by signing Matt Halischuk to a one-year, two-way deal on Thursday.
The contract pays him $650K at the NHL level and $250K in the AHL level, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press.
The 25-year-old played in 36 games with the Nashville Predators this past season, collecting 11 points. The 2011-12 campaign was the best of his NHL career, as he scored 28 points – more than the rest of his career, combined – in 73 games for the Preds.
Predators blog On the Forecheck points out that his nickname is “Hustlechuk” and referenced “A Clockwork Orange,” in reviewing his last season, so that should provide you with all the Halischuk-related entertainment one could reasonably ask for.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)