Jul 11, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets bolstered their forward depth – whether it be at the NHL or AHL level – by signing Matt Halischuk to a one-year, two-way deal on Thursday.
The contract pays him $650K at the NHL level and $250K in the AHL level, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press.
The 25-year-old played in 36 games with the Nashville Predators this past season, collecting 11 points. The 2011-12 campaign was the best of his NHL career, as he scored 28 points – more than the rest of his career, combined – in 73 games for the Preds.
Predators blog On the Forecheck points out that his nickname is “Hustlechuk” and referenced “A Clockwork Orange,” in reviewing his last season, so that should provide you with all the Halischuk-related entertainment one could reasonably ask for.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)