Jul 11, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
The contract pays him $650K at the NHL level and $250K in the AHL level, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press.
The 25-year-old played in 36 with the Nashville Predators this past season, collecting 11 points. The 2011-12 campaign was the best of his NHL career, as he scored 28 points – more than the rest of his career, combined – in 73 games for the Preds.
Predators blog On the Forecheck points out that his nickname is “Hustlechuk” and referenced “A Clockwork Orange,” in reviewing his last season, so that should provide you with all the Halischuk-related entertainment one could reasonably ask for.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)