Jul 11, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets bolstered their forward depth – whether it be at the NHL or AHL level – by signing Matt Halischuk to a one-year, two-way deal on Thursday.
The contract pays him $650K at the NHL level and $250K in the AHL level, according to Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press.
The 25-year-old played in 36 games with the Nashville Predators this past season, collecting 11 points. The 2011-12 campaign was the best of his NHL career, as he scored 28 points – more than the rest of his career, combined – in 73 games for the Preds.
Predators blog On the Forecheck points out that his nickname is “Hustlechuk” and referenced “A Clockwork Orange,” in reviewing his last season, so that should provide you with all the Halischuk-related entertainment one could reasonably ask for.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)