Jul 11, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
Palushaj is set to earn $600,000 at the NHL level and $175,000 annually in the minors, but he’s guaranteed to make at least $225,000 in 2013-14.
At 23, he was an unrestricted free agent after the Colorado Avalanche declined to present him with a qualifying offer.
“Aaron is still a young player and has some NHL experience under his belt,” said Ron Francis, the Hurricanes vice president of hockey operations. “He has good speed and good hands and we believe he can push for a job in Raleigh come September.”
He’s enjoyed some very strong offensive seasons in the AHL, but has just 14 points in 66 NHL contests so far. The Michigan-native scored two goals and nine points in 25 games with the Colorado Avalanche last season.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 14
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11