Jul 11, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
Palushaj is set to earn $600,000 at the NHL level and $175,000 annually in the minors, but he’s guaranteed to make at least $225,000 in 2013-14.
At 23, he was an unrestricted free agent after the Colorado Avalanche declined to present him with a qualifying offer.
“Aaron is still a young player and has some NHL experience under his belt,” said Ron Francis, the Hurricanes vice president of hockey operations. “He has good speed and good hands and we believe he can push for a job in Raleigh come September.”
He’s enjoyed some very strong offensive seasons in the AHL, but has just 14 points in 66 NHL contests so far. The Michigan-native scored two goals and nine points in 25 games with the Colorado Avalanche last season.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)