Jul 10, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
- The San Jose Sharks signed/re-signed four players. Most notably, they locked up probable backup netminder Alex Stalock to a one-year deal and brought back defenseman Rob Davison (whose last name just begs for a d). The team also inked Matt Pelech and Adam Comrie to one-year pacts. Fear the Fin explains why the Davison transaction is a little surprising for Sharks fans.
- The Carolina Hurricanes signed defensemen Matt Corrente and Mark Flood to one-year, two-way deals. Both are worth the minimum at the NHL level ($550K) while Flood will get $175K in the AHL and Corrente is guaranteed at least $105K.
- The Ottawa Senators inked David Dziurzynski to a one-year, two-way deal as well. Dziurzynski likely caused many typos during his 12 regular season games in the NHL in 2013.
- If you’re tired of one-year deals, the Montreal Canadiens mixed things up with a two-year, two-way contract for Gabriel Dumont.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
It’s a hot-button issue in the wake of Saturday’s Boston-Pittsburgh game.
Dec 10, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
Phoenix has just two wins in its last eight.
Dec 10, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
Former first-round pick on his way to Norfolk.
Dec 10, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
We’re about to find out.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
A loaded Detroit roster gets… more loaded.
Dec 10, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
‘Hawks no like.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
For the second time this season.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
Chicago’s goalie depth about to be tested.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
It really wasn’t.
Dec 10, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
Because he’s spent much of this season questioning his team.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:49 PM EST
When Nashville loses, it loses big.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:16 PM EST
It’s been a long journey for the former No. 6 overall pick.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
Incident occurred on Sunday, against Boston’s Kevan Miller.
Dec 10, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
No goals in 18 games for the Sabres.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Facing a lengthy suspension.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EST
Bad news, especially given his history.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
He spent 16 years with and played over 600 games for the Flames.
Dec 10, 2013, 11:26 AM EST
That’s the stadium in the ‘Peg.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
If he’s not available, the Bruins will need to call up a defenseman.
Dec 10, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Playing at least one more season would likely make him Ottawa’s all-time games leader.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 62
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (114)